- Positions hours are 9:00am-3:30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- All positions require an application, two professional references, a recent Criminal Record Check and proof of Vaccine.
- Training provided: Safe handling of walkers, assisting the older adult in/out of the vehicle, Communication, Safety protocols and Boundaries.
- A volunteer who connects by phone for a positive conversation and checks in one to four times per month.
- An in-person visit for one hour, one or two times per month at the older adults’ home, or local Westshore café or go on a walk together.
- During your visit, you may share common interests such as puzzles, cards, tips on baking and gardening, learn to knit or craft, assist in making a grocery list or placing an order.
- Driving is not part of a friendly visit.
- A volunteer to drive older adults to and from medical appointments or local westshore grocery shopping trip.
- Drivers will not be asked to transport scooters, wheelchairs, transporter chairs or heavy walkers, light weight walkers are acceptable.
- Transportation is free to participants. Volunteer Mileage is reimbursed on a monthly basis.
- Time commitment is flexible and no minimum amount of hours are required.
- The volunteer must have a valid Driver’s license, a safe and reliable insured vehicle, proof of insurance with 3 million liability and a clear driver’s abstract.