Better at Home: Seniors Services (65+)
Better at Home is funded by the Government of British Columbia and managed by the United Way Healthy Aging. It is designed to support seniors to remain independent in their home for as long as possible and stay connected to their community. Services offered in each Better at Home catchment area(s) vary between all programs.
Westshore Better at Home offers non-medical services for seniors (65+) living in Langford and Colwood. It is not an urgent or emergency service. In case of urgent or emergent issues, we will do our best to connect you with an alternate resource. All seniors requesting service will be required to call us independently to apply and register before services begin. These services include help with transportation to medical appointment or local grocery shopping, friendly visits via phone or in-person and light housekeeping.
- Pre-registration is required
- Please note a friendly phone visit, home visit and application are part of the registration process to determine our program would suit your presenting needs.
- Transportation and Friendly visits are provided by volunteers on a no-fee basis.
- Light housekeeping is provided on a fee-for-service basis determined on a sliding scale based on the senior’s household income. Some seniors may qualify for 100% subsidy.
- The senior must be able to get in/out of car with minimal assistance.
- We do not transport wheelchairs, as this may require specialized assistance.
- Service provision utilizes both volunteer and professional service providers.
If you are a resident of Colwood and Langford and wish to receive more details regarding the Better at Home services, please contact Dori Bodman, Program Coordinator at Pacific Centre Family Services Association. Dori can be reached at 778-677-3540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a resident of Metchosin and wish to receive more details regarding the Better at Home services, please contact Laurie Sthamann, Coordinator at the Seniors Resource Centre – Metchosin. Laurie can be reached at 250-478-5150, email email@example.com or visit the website:
Seniors’ Resource Centre ~ Metchosin | Connecting Seniors to a Community of Support (metchosinseniors.ca)
Click here for details about how to volunteer with us.
Information and referrals to other community resources are available – give us a call!