Westshore Mapping Project
West Shore Mapping Project - Services for vulnerable adults and seniors
- To identify current West Shore based services and resources for seniors and vulnerable adults.
- To identify areas where services and resources for seniors and vulnerable adults on the West Shore may be improved.
- To look at ways to increase service accessibility on the West Shore, including hub or satellite models.
DOES YOUR ORGANISATION BELONG ON THIS MAP?
If your organisation serves or would like to serve
seniors or vulnerable adults in the West Shore
Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, Highlands or View Royal
you are invited to attend the West Shore Mapping Project.
no fee but rsvp requested – see below
9 – 9.45 It’s Not Right Presentation: Information regarding abuse and exploitation of vulnerable adults. *
10 o’clock Blessing by Elder
10.15 Panel, presentation discussion & questions from the floor.
11.30 – 12.30 Facilitated Map Building
12.30 – 1.30 Networking Lunch
* if you are already familiar with the ‘It’s Not Right’ presentation you may choose to arrive at 9.45 am
To register for this event please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- your name, your organisation’s name, and
- a brief description of the services your organisation offers to seniors and / or vulnerable adults in the West Shore, or
- a brief description of the services your organisation would like to offer to seniors/vulnerable adults in the West Shore, or
- a brief description of the services your organisation offers which seniors and/or vulnerable adults travel elsewhere in Greater Victoria to access.
We will use your organisation information to begin the mapping project, which will be refined during the Mapping Event – data from this event will be made available to all participants. *Organisations who are unable to attend are invited to rsvp with their information for the map.
Bridey Morrison Morgan Area Mentor BC Community Response Network
Jenny Spring Social Worker Island Health
Nicole Donaldson LPN Open Hearts Companion Services
Mitzi Dean ED Pacific Centre Family Services Association.
- Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 9am – 1.30pm
- Church of the Advent, 510 Mount View Ave., Colwood (free parking)
- Panel Presentation & Discussion
- Facilitated Map Building
- Networking Lunch
- It’s Not Right Presentation